Thursday, January 7, 2010

Greetings from the Crocker Art Museum


I can't believe one year could have so many changes in it. I decided to pursue my love of museums and retail management and voila! I'm now at the Crocker Art Museum in Sacramento, California. What a gorgeous and important museum. (Click the title to follow the link, and check it out for yourself!)

A huge expansion is nearing its final phase. The Museum will move into a new wing which will triple the exhibition space and more than double the size of the Museum Store. It's all very exciting. (Need I mention the amount of work that goes into opening a new store?)

Also exciting is the opportunity to affect change in a retail environment again. I love working in the nonprofit sector and doing something that contributes the the Museum's ability to move forward is rewarding work. So in this blog I hope to talk more about retail and what's happening in the retail world that will impact all of us retail folks.

I look forward to hearing from you as I build this store.

1 comment:

Cliff Weimer said...

The Crocker is one of the gems of the Sacramento area; I am lucky enough to now only live about four blocks away. Look forward to seeing you there sometime, amongst the other timeless treasures BESIDES you...